'Tis the season! The Christmas holidays are almost here, children are getting excited and the adults are most likely getting stressed. Not to worry, we've found some helpful tips to make the holidays less stressful on you and your wallet.
1) Save on your tree! Buy your Christmas tree after December 15th, they are usually less expensive at that point
2) Forgot to get a tree skirt? Or just want a less expensive solution? Use a white sheet. The colourful tree decorations and gifts will really pop.
3) Tired and worn out tree? Wait for the post-Christmas sales
to replace it, just grab some green Christmas garland and fill the back branches of your tree. Voila, instant volume!
4) DYI decorations; Want to add some more colour to your Christmas table, without
having to buying all new decorations? Use cute little jars or clear ornaments, fill them with Christmas candies, tie with a pretty ribbon and add a name tag. Bonus: place card and small gift!
5) Make use of free gift-wrapping services!
Stores don't always publicize this service, so be sure to ask. Keep an eye out for charity gift-wrapping services. Non-profit organizations often set up booths at malls or craft shows and will wrap presents for a small fee. Save time, money, and help a good cause!
6) Switch out photo frames. Want a to dress up your hallways but don't have much time? Use your existing everyday frames and replace photos with leftover wrapping paper. Put the frames back in their original locations and voilà, you've decked your halls!